We the little people have big voices when we speak together!

Come on all of you people who are sick of being steam rolled by big business, join the fight... Let your voices be heard! Let's scream at the top of our lungs, "This shall not stand!"

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Changing the Human Heart

I have recently realized that it doesn't take a miracle, an act of vengance, unending anger, or even a swift solution to change the pain in your heart or the aching in your soul.  My life is no different today than it was yesterday, in the literal sense.  My son and I still have no insurance, money, treatment, answers, or justice.  But, what I do have, is a personal connection with some small recognition.  


To know that there are people out there that have taken notice that we exist and have empathy and compassion for how we are having to exist.  Just to know that there is even one person in the world that has seen this blog and it has changed them in some small way.  This has been changing my world, one hit at a time, one comment at a time, one message at a time.


I have recently by "introduced" to someone that has overcome unbelievable obstacles in life... no he's not injured or disabled in the sense that I speak about in this blog.  He is however a survivor of pain just as unbearable and yet he has fearlessly set out to change the world and is accomplishing that task one person at a time.  He says "Art saved my life.", and I believe it also propelled him into his purpose.  Overcoming unimaginable loss, pain, poverty, fear, and injustice... he has not just moved on he is leaving his mark.  This is a change in the human heart.


I now understand what he meant when he said that art had saved his life.  He discovered his voice and his purpose and not only shared it with literally the world, but became the voice of those who had none.  With the recognition, interest, and outcry I have received of late... I now know I need to be a voice, change my heart and live out loud.  Not just for me... but for those like me who cannot.  To cast aside my anger and move outward from blame to love and service.


Thank you to all of you for your hits, comments, and messages... and thank you Edwin Gil.  You have all given me my smile back.

http://www.edwingil.com/site/
http://www.facebook.com/Edwin.Gil

"I am a friend of XXXXX, and I am so looking forward to meeting you very soon. I also, most importantly want to tell you, from one artist to another... you have inspired me to live out loud. I am a disabled person. I had an accident and broke my neck, the accident cost me my job, my identity, my body, and has left me as a overlooked and unimportant minority. My country has forsaken all of us who have been injured and disabled, discarded by our employers, denied our benefits, and left us with no voice. There is no legislation, no protests, no action on the behalf of us who cannot fight for ourselves because we have been stripped of everything including our ability to provide for ourselves and our families. I gave up... but you have given me inspiration. I am going to tell our story, as you have so beautifully told the story of others as well as your own. Thank you Edwin. Your voice has given mine back to me."
Alicia


"Alicia thanks for share with me this words,
You touch my soul with that message and I don't know what say.
Art saved my life and true art we can build bridges between communities and people I would like to meet you and talk more with you."

Thanks
Edwin Gil



"Alicia can I put what you write on my page?
Thanks"

This is what it is all about... this is how we change human hearts, by reaching out to another person and letting them reach out to you. 

No comments: