We the little people have big voices when we speak together!

Come on all of you people who are sick of being steam rolled by big business, join the fight... Let your voices be heard! Let's scream at the top of our lungs, "This shall not stand!"

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day...

I have been so alone and sad for 2 years now... losing my livelihood, my identity, my body, my "friends", my income, my home, my insurance, and the most devastating...almost losing my baby boy.  I forgot how to laugh, I lost my faith in humanity, in compassion, friendship, and kindness.
I don't know how or why, but that thing greater than myself... the one I've been screaming at for 2 years and blaming for all of this, has lead me to this:
http://tinyurl.com/3z3ayep


How, or why... I don't know.  But, all I know is "he" was listening.  If nothing else works out for me, I know, someone heard...someone listened... and someone cared.  For absolutely no other reason than all of those things I believed to be gone.  Humor, humanity, compassion, friendship, and kindness.


To all of you that have reached out their hand to me and extended undeserved kindness, friendship, and care... YOU MADE THE CHANGE IN ME!


I will get up, I will get dressed, I will continue to fight!  I know now, all isn't lost and that there is still good in this world, and if there is still good in this world, that means there is still justice too.


Thank you... a thousand times, thank you!

3 comments:

Mark Wilson said...

*ques up the Toy Story music* You got a friend in me.. you got a friend in me....

Mark Wilson said...

Sorry, had to sing Toy Story because seeing this post made me cry tears of joy.

jridenour73 said...

You rock, Alicia. Some people would give up but you've realized you've got the strength to keep on keepin' on...and when you don't feel strong, keep reaching out. You're amazing!