We the little people have big voices when we speak together!

Come on all of you people who are sick of being steam rolled by big business, join the fight... Let your voices be heard! Let's scream at the top of our lungs, "This shall not stand!"

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Social Media: It's All About Making a Connection With People

Social Media: It's All About Making a Connection With People

I was at the end of my rope and considering tying a noose with it when I met this woman and her husband. It's funny how when we get to the edge of the cliff, someone shows up to pull you back. I've been screaming at the top of my lungs for so long that I thought I had lost my voice, now I find... I have a new one.

No matter how this side show struggle plays out in my life, I know that I have people that will lift me up. I never had to see their faces because their hearts spoke louder than their expressions ever needed.

This is what will change my life. My pain, my inability to obtain help or services of any kind, and my loss of self... well it is the condition. It appears I overlooked the cure. Friends, supporters, and laughter. Until I joined Twitter, I hadn't laughed in too long. I cried, a lot. So much so that my son put me on suicide watch. My 19 year old baby... would call me, then have his friends call me, one at a time all day long. He thought if someone heard my voice, he knew I was alive. My baby... he had to feel this way. How sad and selfish of me... but, because of this little weird 140 character bits of life's... has brought me back to my life. Not the life I was living, the life I want to live. I get to be happy and funny in that life. It has since poured over into my pain filled world and with it, the tonic of laughter and friendship.

Thank you... thank you so very much. Your 140 characters have shown me your character, and it is amazing. You have changed my world.

No comments: